Tokyo International Film Festival as it celebrates 32nd year announces the line-up for the competition and other sections of this year’s festival. Philippines have 8 films at this year’s fest.
- Mañanita, directed by Paul Soriano, World Premiere, In Competition.
- Motel Acacia, directed by Bradley Liew, World Premiere, Asian Future.
- Mindanao, directed by Brillante Mendoza, Japan Premiere, World Focus.
- Food Lore – Island of Dreams, directed by Erik Matti, World Premiere, World Focus.
- The Entity, directed by Erik Matti, Asian Premiere, Crosscut Asia.
- The Halt, directed by Lav Diaz, Japan premiere, Crosscut Asia.
- Six Degrees of Separation from Lilia Cuntapay, directed by Antoinette Jadaone, Japan Premiere, Crosscut Asia.
- Untrue, directed by Sigrid Andrea Bernardo, International Premiere, Crosscut Asia.
Opening film: Tora-san, wish you were here, directed by Yoji Yamada
For screening details of the films, you can find it at http://2019.tiff-jp.net/en/ Tokyo Film Fest will be held from October 28 to November 5, 2019.
Jury President: Zhang Ziyi
Jury Members: Bill Gerber, Julie Gayet, Michael Noer, Ryuichi Hiroki
In the Competition section, 14 films* were selected from among 1,804 titles from 115 countries and regions.
Watch the festival trailer